Get out your Bartles & James and your Benson & Hedges...its the mickey frickey weekend!!!!!
This weekend I am featuring the gorgeous, talented Phyllis Hyman. She was a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. Her style is something greatly missed.
She had such a lengthy career (from the early 70's to mid 90's) and a diverse sound, encompassing blues, jazz, soul/r&b ballads, and dance/disco...sometimes covering more than one sound in a single song! I have not heard a song by her I didn't like. If you are not familiar with her work, I strongly recommend you look her up and get some of her music-you won't be disappointed!
It was difficult choosing which sound/period of her recordings for this weekend, so I decide to go with her first and biggest hit single "You Know How To Love Me" from her 1979 LP of the same name. That lead me to search out other tracks from that album and then I couldn't decide which ones to include-they were all so good- so I just decided to include the entire album! The only tracks missing are "But I Love You" and "Heavenly". The fact that so many tracks from one album were on YouTube lets you know what a classic this album is.
I hope you thoroughly enjoy...
Friday, September 12, 2008 - Sunday, September 14, 2008
You Know How To Love Me (12" version)
Give A Little More
Complete Me
Some Way
Under Your Spell
This Feeling Must Be Love
Hold On
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbpHbWupP4
Have a great weekend and I'll catch you next week!
Love,
Charles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment